Wednesday, September 28, 2016

How I Plan to Speak Better Japanese

こんばんは、みなさん。

Learning にほんご with you guy has been very fun! I still make a lot of mistakes, but I have plans to improve my にほんご. Speaking is especially challenging since I keep unconsciously sprinkling my pronunciation with Korean sounds.

So first, I plan to watch more anime and Japanese documentary and pay attention to the pronunciation. I seem to speak a foreign language a bit better right after I watch a movie in that language, both in terms of pronunciation and grammar. The anime I chose, for now, is Cardcaptor Sakura. I am going to watch it for 15 minutes every other day. On the weekends, I'll try to watch at least an hour of a documentary in Japanese!

      https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dVUDYC-fSKw/maxresdefault.jpg 
http://anitay.kinja.com/new-cardcaptor-sakura-is-a-monthly-sequel-manga-1773082670 

I will also try to listen to Japanese music while I cook dinner everyday. I have a friend who loves Japanese music. We have quite similar taste, so hopefully she will be able to recommend to good songs to me.

http://learn-japanese-language-software.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/girl.jpg
http://learn-japanese-language-software.com/2015/10/23/japanese-traditional-music/

Last but not least, I will definitely go to Japanese Language Table on Tuesday. A lot of people got to meet Makino せんせい already! Hopefully I won't embarrass myself by speaking bad Japanese in front of him...

That's all I have for now. I'll update my plan in the future should I run into any interesting idea!

さようなら。

15 comments:

  1. ニュエンさん、おはようございます。

    I also like to watch Cardcaptor Sakura when I was young. ^0^ And it's really nice to learn Japanese songs while cooking. I hope we'll meet at the Japanese Language Table someday.

    じゃ、また。
    夏麗麗

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. こんにちは!

    わたしは Cardcaptor Sakuraが すきです。
    I really like the background music in Cardcaptor sakura- its very pretty!

    じゃ、また!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Sorry I had trouble posting my comment!)

    カトさん、

    Don't be afraid to make mistakes around Makino 先生!He's really nice to us, and knows that we're beginners! Also 日本語 table can at first be intimidating because we don't know a lot to say, but I can say from experience (I went to Chinese tables last year), it's sooo much fun by the end of the year, when you can really start to follow entire conversations. Don't wait too long to go ~~ I hope to see you there tomorrow!! And please give an update on Cardcaptor Sakura, so I know whether to watch it haha XD --ライト

    ReplyDelete
  7. おはようございます!
    This is a wonderful blog! Just as Jessicaa said, にほんご table is a good way to practice speaking! BTW, Cardcapter Sakura is a good anime!
    I like it too!
    じや、また!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 初めまして。わたしはJiaYanです。コロンビア大学の学生です。よろしく。
    If you need any anime recommendations, I have an entire list! I think immersing yourself in the culture is the best way to improve your pronunciation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. どうぞよろしく! What are your favorite animes?

      Delete
  11. はじめまして。わたしはIdaです。どうぞよろしく。

    コロンビアだいがくのがくせいです。

    Cardcaptor Sakura がすきですか。わたしわすきです。Another anime by CLAMP is Tsubaki Reservoir Chronicles if you find yourself liking Cardcaptor Sakura. I haven't seen that one but I read the manga and liked it.

    I've been watching more anime and Japanese dramas now that it can be counted as being productive XD Isn't it cool when you can actually recognize phrases?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. どうぞよろしく. I read that manga before! However, the plot is just too complicated...

      Delete
  12. ニュエンさん、こんにちは、ちぇんゆです。
    すごくいい計画(けいかく)ですね!
    まいにちがんばってください!

    ReplyDelete